© Bruce Goodman 26 May 2015
In a previous life’s blog I never accepted awards because I didn’t have the time. Now I find, in my case, that time and graciousness come with age. I accept them as unassumingly as possible, but with a great deal of delight.
Nomination 1. The Sunshine Award
Derrick Knight nominated me for the Sunshine Award. Derrick’s blog is here. I very much enjoy his daily rambles, ambles, gambles, shambles, brambles, pre-and-post-prandials…
Some personal things are to be said about myself that possibly are of no interest to anyone other than me:
1. I was a catholic priest for over 30 years, being a member of the Marist Fathers, and spent much of my priesthood as a teacher of Music, English, Drama and Religious Studies in Catholic secondary schools.
2. I was brought up on sheep, cattle and dairy farms. Yes, I can milk a mean cow.
3. My Master’s thesis was on English Reformation Lute Music. This is a very handy subject to have when searching for a job.
4. I have a chronic heart condition, which is a pain in the bum.
5. I have a cat (called Pussycat), a dog (called Delia), a cow (called Blossom), and a goat (called Billy).
6. I like to garden and, having done that, I like to stand in the garden with a coffee and just look!
7. My latest “fad” is to go to the local library (libraries are no longer quiet places) that includes books, cafe, computers… There’s a piano there. I toddle along once a week and play the piano for 20 minutes or so. It means I have to learn a set of new piano pieces each week. Today I’m playing a selection of music by Joseph Haydn. The occasional person listens, and it does not greatly matter if a wrong note gets hit.
Now I must nominate some bloggers for this award. (I don’t like this bit). Some do not accept awards, and for very good reason. That doesn’t stop me nominating them. It’s simply a way of pointing out to readers some of the great blogs they may have missed.
1. If you’re into yodelling, and great (I mean great) poetry, and insightful comment, one cannot bypass the LittleOldLadyWho. A ray of sunshine!
2. If you’re into stories with grit, guts and verve, then head down to Brazil with By Ryan. (It’s in English). A ray of sunshine!
3. Read the delicious saga of Lady Smock and Harry Bittercress. Click your way to the delightful, witty, astute Wuthering Bites. A ray of sunshine!
There’s lots of other rays of sunshine that should be nominated, but I’ve possibly made enough enemies for the day.